Urgent warning after household item ‘poisons’ beloved pet dog

0
173


A woman has issued an urgent warning to pet lovers after her beloved dog was apparently poisoned by a common household item.

The dog owner has warned people of the dangers of oil diffusers after her pet was left very ill and in need of urgent veterinary care.

Oil diffuser’s have become more popular in recent times as they disperse essential oil in the home.

According to the Mirror, Marianne Whyte used one to disperse tea tree oil around her house, but what happened next left her totally shocked.

In a Facebook post that has gone viral, she said: “Saturday night I got home late and my dog didn’t recognise me. Being a nanny, I thought I woke him up and he was having a night terror.

“Sunday he was still acting weird.

“I realised that I had been running my new diffuser and decided to turn it off. Sunday afternoon he was feeling better.”

However, on the Monday, the dog was again not his familiar self, so much so that he refused to even move from underneath the bed.

“I took him to the emergency vet,” she added.

“It turns out that the tea tree oil I was using in the diffuser is toxic for dogs.

“Thankfully the test showed that his liver was OK, but we weren’t out of the woods yet. He was given fluids under his skin to get the toxins out.

“The vet and the poison control are saying that they see these cases often now that the popularity of essential oil is growing.

“Please make sure that the essential oils you are burning are not toxic for your pets.”



Certain essential oils are toxic for dogs (stock photo)

The Facebook warning has been shared more than 100,000 times and been commented on by more than 17,000 people, many of whom thanking the poster for warning them of the dangers of certain oils.

One person said that a similar thing happened with her cat. She wrote: “Had a similar thing happen to my cat after using one of those plug-in pet calming things. He went from being slightly edgy to completely crazy and aggressive. Needless to say the plug in went straight in the bin.”

Another poster reiterated the warning and even said that some oils can effect children.

They wrote: “This has been going on for too long!

“Dogs, cats and children. Always consult a professional aromatherapist before using any essential oils. 12,000 children sought hospital treatment in the US last year through miss-use of oils.”



Source link

قالب وردپرس

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here